Our firm offers a broad range of services including:
- Land and Real Estate – real property disputes and litigation; easements and right of ways; contracting/leasing; ranch and timberland sales and acquisitions; timber deeds; title defects and mineral right investigations and reviews; condemnation and inverse condemnation.
- Water Law – adjudications; permitting and transfers; water right investigations and reviews; water administration and regulation litigation; general counsel for irrigation districts and large ranches.
- Threatened and Endangered Species Law – State and Federal ESA litigation; private landowner and local government consulting; strategic policy development and advocacy.
- Federal and State Environmental Law – litigation, consulting and policy development and advocacy regarding: National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Coastal Zone Management Act (CZMA), State removal/fill laws, Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) and Department of State Lands (DSL) regulatory compliance and administrative enforcement actions, State Forest Practices Act.
- Public Land Law – litigation, consulting, and policy development and advocacy regarding: Federal Land Policy and Management Act (FLPMA), National Forest Management Act (NFMA), Wilderness Act, Wild and Scenic River Act (WSRA), Forest Service and National Park Service Organic Acts, Oregon and California Revested Lands Sustained Yield Management Act of 1937 (O&C Act), Steens Mountain Cooperative Management and Protection Act (Steens Act), Oregon State Forests (County Trust Lands and Common School Lands).
- General Civil Litigation – natural resource torts including landslides, drainage/flooding disputes, and logging and farm accidents involving property damage; toxic torts including herbicide/pesticide spray/exposure; contract disputes; insurance coverage and disputes; business disputes; payment disputes; construction defects; employer liabilities; public corporation liabilities; public records disputes and state and federal administrative enforcement actions.
- Business Law – corporation/LLC formation and structure, sales and acquisitions, contracts, secured transactions, insurance coverage, employment and labor law, and trusts and estates.